At Swiss, golf baggage is transported at no extra charge as long as it does not exceed the free baggage allowance. Anyone flying on a golf holiday with Swiss and exceeding this amount must be prepared for graduated baggage prices, similar to Lufthansa. The prices depend on the destination and are divided as follows:
- Within Switzerland, golf baggage is transported for 70 euros
- Within Europe golf baggage costs 80 Euro
- 100 euros for the countries of North Africa and Levant (the countries that lie on the eastern Mediterranean, east of Italy. The Greek peninsula and the Greek islands in the Aegean Sea, Turkey, Cyprus, Lebanon, Palestine, Egypt, Syria, Israel, Jordan)
- For short intercontinental routes the price is 150 Euro (for orientation which countries belong to the Lufthansa list)
- For medium intercontinental routes 200 Euro
- And for long intercontinental routes 250 Euro
The maximum length of golf baggage at Swiss is 2 metres. Golf baggage includes a golf bag containing a set of golf clubs. Also golf balls and golf tees and a pair of golf shoes.
Swiss Golf Traveller Program
Members of the Swiss Golf Traveller Program can always take their golf baggage with Swiss, Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines free of charge. In addition, the option of Swiss codeshare flights with TAP Air Portugal is available. Please note: This does not apply to the “Economy Light” fare, other codeshare connections and myAustrian Holidays flights.
The annual membership costs CHF 200 for one year, two years are available for CHF 400 and the three-year membership is charged at CHF 550. Other membership benefits include the opportunity to participate in the “Swiss Golf Traveller Trophy”, you can purchase a cover bag at a discount and buy the golf card at a reduced price.
Passengers with Swiss First Class, HON Circle, Senator and Frequent Traveller holders take one piece of golf baggage up to 15 kg (with weight concept) free of charge.